While talking about entrepreneurship and creating our own projects during the youth exchange, we discovered having an inspiring mission/vision of what we wanted to achieve was really helpful to keep us going.
We identified a set of questions that can help every aspiring female entrepreneur get more clarity on what she really wants to do and find out what her mission/vision is!
For the next task you will need a paper or a nice notebook, your favourite pen, honesty, openness and 30 minutes.
Take your time to answer those questions. They can be very helpful to figure out what your deepest drive is, do not rush it! Arrive, find a comfortable place, make it even more cosy for this half an hour. Turn off your phone and put any distracting object away from you. Play some relaxing music, pour yourself a hot coffee or tea.
Let go of all of your expectations.
QUESTIONS to reply to:
- What do you enjoy doing in your life?
- What is common in the things you love to do?
- What gives you the motivation/passion to do something?
- What is your dream?
- What would you love to do even if you would get nothing in exchange? If you would not need to care about the money, what work would you do?
- What are you the most focused on in your everyday life?
- What do you need to make your life easier?
- Do you have a solution / suggestion for any problems in your daily life / society?
- Do you want to be an entrepreneur or employee? If you are not clear about the answer, go back to the previous section Rotation theatre and consider which role would benefit you more in the different areas of life.
- How do you think the world would be a better place?
- What do you want to give the world?
- What do you want to share with others?
- What do you want to change in your environment?
- What do you want to create?
- What are you ready to give up in order to achieve your goals?
- How can you be unique?
- Why do you think your idea has a positive impact on society?
- How can you keep going on your own path / not to give up / follow your dreams when your environment discourages you?
Now sit back and read through all your replies.
What project will you start up to make the world a better place?
This blog post is an excerpt from the Bees Inspired – A Hive for Female Entrepreneurs Booklet that was created by the participants of Bees Inspired: A Hive for Female Entrepreneurs during a 10-day youth exchange that took place in The Netherlands from 18 till 27 January 2017. It gathered 42 participants from 7 different countries and empowered them to learn from each other about female entrepreneurship. The project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.